I bought a pack of pocket scrapbooking cards at the craft store recently and mixed in was this card title “Currently” that has blanks for you to fill in about all the different things you are doing right now. I thought that this would make a great monthly series, so here goes for February!
Listening to // Three Doors Down. I was listening to an old playlist and rediscovered how much I really like this band. It’s become a staple in my current rotation.
Reading // Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I got this book for my birthday and am about 30 pages in. It’s every bit as hilarious as I hoped and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.
Watching // We went to see Jupiter Ascending last week. I liked it, but thought they could’ve taken the story line just a bit further to give the plot more depth. Not sure I found the ending to be believable, but I definitely enjoyed the movie.
Playing // Charades! app on my iPhone. Today was a snow day/sick day here in our house and my mom is visiting. We spent about two hours this afternoon enjoying laughter medicine and having a blast.
Loves // This past weekend was Valentine’s Day, so of course I’m loving my hubby right now! He and I are also both still in love with our new puppy, Bella. She even had a Valentine’s Day coat!
Eating // From food trucks. I’ve been trying a bunch of different ones near where I work in Baltimore and have had some super tasty items. I’d go into more detail here, but I’m planning a separate post about them/
Grateful for // My family and friends who have been checking up on me while I’ve been super sick. They’re the best! They also made me feel pretty darn special for my birthday last week.
Trying to // Get caught up on paperwork and prepare for tax season.
Enjoying // Having some time to craft. Today my mom and I made these marbled clay dishes that I saw the tutorial for here.
Last Tuesday was my 27th birthday and I was lucky to be able to celebrate a bit with DJ and his mom after work. When I turned 26, I wrote a post called 25 Picture from My 25th Year. I loved seeing my year summed up in snap shots of the important or memorable moments and decided to make this a yearly tradition. So here we are with 26 pictures from my 26th year and to keep with tradition the descriptions are in the form of Friends episode titles.
1. The one where we went to Howl at the Moon for my mom’s birthday.
2. The one when we bought new art for our house.
3. The one when I went to visit my thesis on the shelf of my alma mater’s library.
4. The one where I took DJ to visit my favorite spots in my college town.
5. The one when DJ and I roadtripped to Vermont for his cousin’s wedding.
6. The one with the contractor nightmare’s that resulted in a new driveway for our house.
7. The one where I rediscovered my baking talents.
8. The one from the 4th of July BBQ at our house that ended with epic sized s’mores.
9. The one when DJ and I started playing tennis again.
10. The one when my neck problems were flaring and I had to sport the brace.
11. The one where I chopped off my hair and got bangs.
12. The one when the DJ and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.
13. The one where DJ and I had King Henry VIII renew ours vows at the Renaissance Festival.
14. The one where we renewed our vows on the beach in Mexico.
15. The one where I went parasailing in Cancun.
16. The one where I started scouting new locations to take photos.
17. The one where I had to where a boot when I seriously sprained my foot on vacation.
18. The one when we went apple and pumpkin picking at Larriland.
19. The one when we to Field of Screams around Halloween.
20. The one where we dressed up as Game of Thrones characters for Halloween.
21. The one when we to the Lyric Opera House to see Madame Butterfly.
22. The one where I went to my first ugly sweater party.
23. The one where my hubby dressed up in his Spiderman sweatshirt for Christmas.
24. The one when we hosted football parties.
25. The one where we got an adorable new puppy, Bella.
26. The one where we continued family holiday traditions (and I started documenting them!).
26 was a pretty great year and I can’t wait to see what 27 holds!
If you’re looking for a last minute valentine idea, this tutorial is a cute, simple, and free way to make a custom and personal valentine for your special someone. In the video I show you how to make a photostrip valentine. Just print it out, write a love message on the back, and it’s ready to give! You could customize these with any text for other occasions or just leave the text off and make a bunch of fun photostrips. How cute would these be coupled together in a frame?
Have you every been up late watching Golden Girls on Lifetime and seen those infomercials for the little motorized hair removal tools? Yes? Me too. Glad we’re in this together. I’ve always been intrigued, but never quite pulled the trigger and hit buy. When I was offered the chance to try out the new EpiSlim product, I said yes to see if I was missing out.
EpiSlim+ e18 ($29.95) is an electronic epilator by Emjoi. It is essentially a motorized tweezer–18 tweezers to be exact–that claims to remove face and body hair from the root for up 6 weeks. It is battery operated (uses two AA batteries) and it’s compact, making it easy to travel with. This is supposed to be a less painful way to remove unwanted hair and get lasting results.
Getting it set-up and ready to use is as simple as opening the package, popping in the batteries, and pressing the on button. The on power button also has a safety function to ensure it won’t accidentally turn on in your bag.
So what’s the verdict? It works, but its definitely not painless. The EpiSlim+ removes hair without a problem. You just run it over the desired area until all the hair is removed and the area is smooth. It took a couple passes to clear a small area. BUT, the price of keeping smooth for up to 6 weeks is that you’ll have to deal with a little pinching in the process. This is more comparable to waxing than shaving. It’s not the worst, but if you’re very sensitive this might not be for you.
End result: It works and I’ll definitely keep using it. It’s also a great value compared to other similar products on the market. I think it’s a great product to have on hand for a touch-ups during a beach vacation or trips to the salon. It will definitely make its way into my bag for Mexico in the fall.
Have you tried it? What did you think?
Disclosure: I received this product gratis for the purposes of writing this review. All opinions are my own based on my personal experience with the product.